Blog feedback and learner response

WWW: What an excellent start to GCSE Media – well done! You are fully up-to-date with your blog and there is already a good standard of work. Your Denotation and Connotation work and your Stranger Things analysis both contain some good depth and detail to your analysis. This is essential for reaching the top grades in Media. I’m delighted you are aiming for a 7+ grade and completely agree that should be our target. The challenge now is making sure that analytical depth and detail is consistent across all of the work that we do. Finally, your fantastic fruit bowl demonstrates your creative and design skills which will be important for the 30% coursework aspect in Year 2.

 EBI: A couple of your blog pieces lack a little detail (e.g. your key concept film poster analysis or your latest camerawork and editing analysis). Try and write about a range of possible meanings being communicated to the audience – this will add depth to your analysis. Read my examples on the Year 1 Media blogposts to see what I’m talking about here (e.g. my Night Manager camerawork analysis

 





learner response

Reflect on your first month of Media. What do you feel is your strongest piece of work so far? What is your weakest? What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course? How can you improve the depth and detail of your media analysis?

1.I believe that my strongest piece of work so far is the stranger things analysis  and i believe my weakest was my key concepts because i could go into more detail with how people are represented and go into more analysis with how the audience is shown.

specific skills and knowledge i believe i could develop on is my knowledge on what the audience like and why they like or are attracted to those things in the media and also how the media industries use specific techniques to attract audiences

I could improve my depth and detail by using the connotation the deeper meaning of how the audience are attracted to this and how language is used to present a specific group of people in the media.

I believe my first month of media has been a good month but i can improve my skills for things like long extended high mark questions.also by revising the key glossary words



 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

end of year 1 learner response

Magazines blog assessment

Doctor who:language and representation